Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 28, 2026

F8s, BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice (a bit frosty, though) and 11 skaters.  I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • back edges -- just quickly through these.  BO were okay. BI were pretty nice except the first lobe is still too small.
  • FO8 -- on the circles. Flow is a little better though I'm still not making it all the way around.  Posture on the LFO is not bad, it's the RFO that's a problem.
  • FI8 -- pretty decent.  Almost making it all the way around (sometimes I do).
  • BO8 -- we worked the push for a bit (pushing just to a flat) and then on the circles.  I'm just so inconsistent!  When I do the things I get good results but I have a hard time consistently doing all the things, lol.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home