F8s
My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate. Nice ice, 9 skaters. I scribed circles and warmed up with forward edges and BO edges.
Today's lesson:
- BI edges -- We spent some more time working on the initial push. My new technique keeps me from moving my skating foot out too far, but my pushing foot was getting too far out and pulling me off balance. Uck. Some improvement.
- exercise -- we went back to the exercise of holding a flat (each foot, forward/back), holding my arms out and looking at each hand in turn. I was okay going forward, but backward, when I look at my R hand I curve to the left. I assume it's making me drop my hip or something. Uck. We spent some time on it, then moved on.
- FO8 -- a fair amount of time on this. The push is actually improving (yay!) but still working to improve my posture, especially right after the push. It appears that I'm taking to long to push and then I get in this position where my pushing foot is too far out (and too high!) and I'm crouched forward. If I am able to make myself bring the pushing foot in promptly I do a better job of standing straight up, and then my flow is better. Eeep.
- FI8 -- finished up with just 3-4 minutes on these. Some of the same corrections as FO8 but they are overall still a lot better. Hmm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home