Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 27, 2026

FO8, BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice, 8 skaters.  I was running a little late so I didn't scribe any circles, but I did manage to warm up all my edges.  They didn't stink.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- we laid these out at a random spot, which we'd not done in a while.  The posture was a bit better re: standing up, but we spent some time getting me to hold that free shoulder back.  Also some good work on getting my circle size and shape to be a bit better.  Not bad, all things considered.
  • BO8 -- Posture, posture, posture.  Actually in many respects these weren't bad, though I am not making it around the circle.  I remember when I could! How frustrating.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home