Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 20, 2026

Edges & F8s

 My figures lesson today on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice, but a bit crowded (11 skaters). I had some time to warmup (forward edges) and scribe circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO edges -- I had had some wonkiness on these in my warmup, so we spent a little time on them, mostly fixing upper body position and posture.
  • B edges -- BI was pretty nice, BO actually was good for once after some initial issues with the first push.
  • FI8 -- These were really pretty good!  Not quite making it around the LFI but I did on the RFI.
  • FO8 -- a lot of time on these.  Posture issues similar to on edges, but not too bad. Still not making it around though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home