Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 07, 2026

Freestyle!

 Since I had the day off AND we had ice at CCIC, I got in a lesson with Coach Holly (YAY!) on the 2 p.m. freestyle.

I warmed up with stroking and some edges.

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- not bad, actually.
  • FXO -- I had told Holly I was afraid to do these last week in practice, so she held my hand while I did a few, then on my own.  Yay.
  • edges -- I had just done that earlier that day in patch skates, so okay.
  • BXOs -- in the Bronze move pattern.  Pretty decent although I was a little off pattern.
  • waltz jump -- I had not done these in like a year!  Holly held my hand for the first few, then I did them on my own.  Not the best landing but I did stay vertical so that's good.
  • spins -- again, not done in a year.  Not great, and had a dumb fall on one (no harm, no foul).  Still it was good to work on them.
Alas, the ice schedule at CCIC precludes me getting to work with Holly on a regular basis but I'm really glad and grateful I had this chance.  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home