Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 07, 2026

Edges & FO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate. Nice ice and 10 skaters.  I had first lesson, so no warmup, didn't scribe circle.

Today's lesson:

  • F edges -- We did FO a couple of times to correct some posture things and lobe size.  FI were pretty good.
  • B edges - BO were okay. BI we worked on the push a little bit again but okay.
  • posture exercise -- this was Danette's exercise for me where I skate a flat forward or backward, with arms extended straight out to the sides, and look to either hand while I do a slight kneebend.  Eeep.  This got better but on the R side it's hard for me to keep straight without curving -- for some reason I don't have this problem on the L side.
  • FO8 -- just a little time on this.  I'm almost making it around on the L side but not the initial R side.  Need a better push, still, and better flow.
  • FI8 -- just a minute on these.  Kind of okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home