Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 21, 2026

3s & Step Forward

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice, 10 skaters.  I scribed circles and warmed up with forward edges.

Today's lesson:

  • back edges -- Just once through inside and outside.  They were okay.
  • 3s -- we worked on these on the circle and also on the boards. Still pretty wonky.
  • Step forward -- main issue is still posture -- I did a little better on standing up straight but still needs work.
  • falling practice -- at the end of my lesson, Danette wanted Donna and I to practice falling and getting up, so I did a couple of lunges where I fell down and then got up.  It was pretty funny.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home