Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Program Prep

My freestyle lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. freestyle at Gilbert.  A little crowded when I first got on but it cleared out after that.

Today's lesson was all about prepping my Apollo 13 program for PCAS at the end of February.  We went over the first section as I wanted to make a small change.  Currently the beginning was 2-ft spin, back pivot, LF glide, feet together w/arms, RF glide, RFI mohawk.  The issue was that I needed to push before the RFI mohawk (I need a little more speed by that point for one thing).  So I suggested doing an RF glide at the beginning and then an LF glide into the RFI mohawk so I could push into it.  We played with this and it seems to work fine; just needs a little practice since it's a change.

After this we spent the rest of our time working on the last part of the 1st half of the program, specifically the mohawk footwork into the salchow.  I was really glad to spend time on this since it seems to be the weakest part of the program.  We went through it a number of times to get the salchow more comfortable.  We also spent quite a bit of time reviewing the little arm gesture before the spin... finally got it figured out.  Ha!

PCAS is about 4 weeks away.  I'm hoping I can be a bit more solid for this than before since I've had this program a while now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home