Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FO3s & BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  This lesson was moved to today due to a work trip.  Also my FS lesson with JJ usually scheduled for this morning was postponed since his wife is having a baby!!

Before my lesson I did a complete set of FI8 and FO8.  They looked really good!

Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- we continued to work these on the side semicircle.  Seriously we spent like 10 or 12 minutes on this!  They are gradually improving though, I'm doing a better job of keeping the free hip back and keeping the free foot/leg close and not letting it swing around.
  • BO8 -- I was having some issues with these until we both realized I was not keeping my free foot in front during the first part of the circle (duh!).  So that helped a lot.  Still need to work on the 2nd half of the lobe on each circle so that it doesn't get cut short.
After my lesson I worked a bunch on BI8s and waltz-8.  Got some good work in.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home