Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, January 07, 2011

BRRRR!!!

I skated at Chandler FS this morning for an hour, my last practice before tomorrow's test.  BRRRRRRR!!  It was bitterly cold in the rink.  Other than that great conditions, just two of us for half the session, and the other half just me by myself.

I worked mostly on the test elements.  They are all about the same.. which is good I suppose.  I did not anticipate any major breakthroughs.  A couple of really bad spins but most were okay; waltz jumps fine but still a bit weird.  Salchows... eh.

I had worn a new pair of UnderArmour leggings that I got for Christmas.  They are supposed to be warm.  And they are... except they are not wind-proof! So not so great for skating, especially not when it was SO cold in the rink.  When I wasn't moving too much (jumps and spins) it wasn't too bad, but when I was doing FXOs and BXOs... wow, the wind cut right through and it was cold. Oh well, live and learn.  They'd probably be fine for summer skating though.

The plan for tomorrow is to warm up on Chandler a.m. FS from 7 to 7:30 a.m., then drive over to Peoria for my 9 a.m. warmup and 9:15 test.  Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home