Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

FO8s, FO3s, Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club as usual.  We had some excitement as my lesson was starting, as there was a (low-speed) collision between two skaters.  One of them had a backward fall that shook her up a lot.  I think she'll be okay but she might have sprained her wrist.  She's a newbie skater so she is not that used to falling and it was unexpected since it was a collision.  :-(

Today's lesson:
  • FO8s -- just a few minutes on these.  I'm practicing starting with my L foot since I want to work more on my R side restart (R side is usually fine initially).  Actually good flow today, though I do need to watch the rotation on the L side so I don't overrotate.
  • FO3s -- back to drilling these on the small side-circle.  RFO3 is not too bad, LFO3 is fairly skidded. I did make some small improvements though.
  • Waltz-8 -- these were about the same.  3 is okay, step forward is getting better but FO edge afterward still not very controlled.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home