Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

FO3s, Waltz-8, Serpentine

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  Between traveling and a nasty cold I had over the weekend, I had not skated since Thursday, and hadn't done patch since my last lesson with Lynne.  Eeep!

Today's lesson:
  • FO3s -- we continued to work to improve these, on the hockey box semicircle.  They are improving -- I am holding the entrance longer and while still skiddy, they are not as bad.
  • Waltz-8 -- slowly improving.  We worked on doing a better BO edge -- I think of it as trying to actually do a BO edge, not just something I do before the step-forward :-).  The step forward and FO edge are still quite weak, the weakest part of this move.   And of course this move is the weakest move of all the stuff on the Preliminary figures test.
  • Serpentine -- just a few minutes on these.  It seems like (other than needing to push a lot harder) the weakest part right now is that my FO edges are still inconsistent.  I had done some nice FOs in my warmup but in the serpentine -- yuck.  Grr.  Still, I got through a few of them.  I need to start pushing my way through the FI edge so I can practice the remainder of the move.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home