Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FO8, FO3, Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler coffee club.  We had to move this lesson up from the usual Wednesday due to a scheduling issue.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- I had only warmed up for a few minutes when we started (though I had skated FS 1.5 hours this morning) so we did a fresh layout of FO8.  Arrrgh!  Pretty ukky, though they did improve.  I was a bit shallow on the LFO side and still fighting that L shoulder on the RFO.  Grr.
  • FO3s -- we went to work FO3s on the hockey box semicircle as we have been recently.  Placement of these is definitely improving.  We worked on trying to eliminate the skid and get the turn to happen more quickly and definitively.  Some improvement there although I'm not sure I could explain how :-(.  Keeping the free foot close does help though.
  • Waltz-8 -- we've been working on doing a better BO edge and it is finally happening.  The step forward is improving somewhat in that it's placed better and I'm turning more; but I'm still tending to step on a flat, or not be on a good edge/have my weight placed correctly when I step.  They did improve though.
  • BO8 -- just a couple minutes on these at the end.  RBO is pretty good, LBO is good but I'm tending to run out of steam; the positions are good though, so if I can get a better push it will probably be okay.
After my lesson I spent more time on BO8s, BI8s, and then finished with a bunch of time on serpentines and FO8s again.  FO8s were much improved.  Serpentine I have a lot of issues with my upper body position at the change of edge.   Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home