Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Perseverance


I skated the 8:15 FS this morning. I had a pretty good skate. I worked on back Russian stroking but I'm still getting a bit confused (or not in the rhythm) with placement of the crossover. Hmmph. Worked on bad side cross and hold -- I'm focusing on trying to have a smooth placement of the crossing foot. Worked on spins a bit, trying to remember to bring the R arm/hand around; some small success. LFI3s are about where I left them -- I'm still feeling the turn in the foot, so that's positive, but there's still no flow out and they're very scratchy. Finally, did about 5 half-flips and they were pretty yucky. Sheesh.

I'd not skated since Thursday (took Superbowl Sunday off) and for not having been on the ice for a bit it was good. I'm having an easier time warming up even after being off the ice for 5 days, which seems a pretty positive thing to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home