Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Progress


I skated the 8:15 FS this morning. It was a great session; only one other skater plus Sonya, for the first half, and then just me for the second half.

I spent some serious time on spins but I'm still doing the corkscrew up-on-the-toe thing. Did a great waltz-8 pattern; this has really improved. If I could just hold the exit edge from the 3 a little longer it might be passable! Some quality time on back edges; these are getting better and more solid. Did some toe-loop prep and a few half-flips, and some time on power-3 -- I'm getting the step forward now but still can't make myself hold the FO edge longer before the turn. On the other hand, I'm working on the R foot (weak side) so that's good. Finally and most exciting for me, I made some really solid progress on my bad-side FXOs! I have been struggling for about forever to get a good cross & hold on that side, but I finally got it today. Hopefully it will still be there tomorrow :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home