Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dutch Waltz


Today's lesson:
  • Dutch Waltz -- we worked on the Dutch Waltz for about half the lesson. We spent a good chunk of that working on doing real progressives, instead of funky quasi-crossovers. These went better than I'd expected. I'm dreadfully slow and my timing is horrible, but at least I should be able to get through it. My swing rolls need more swing, too.
  • Misc. dance stuff -- we also spent some time working on chassés, slide chassés, and some other stuff that appears in the Canasta Tango. I can do most of this stuff but it's not very dance-y.
  • LFI3 -- no, of course we didn't forget these! I'm holding the entrance edge longer; Sonya suggested I really think about bending the knee during the entrance edge, so it gives me something else to think about rather than the turn :-). A little better.
  • FXOs -- we just worked the bad side a little. After an initial desertion (wow, was that annoying!), I was able to demonstrate my progress. Sonya was pleased and said these have improved a lot (and they have). I just need to work on them a lot to get them more comfy.
After my lesson, Sonya took a look at my boots. We arranged for her to meet me Tuesday after the freestyle (she has a meeting to go to first though) at the pro shop for fitting and boot selection etc. At this point it's looking like Riedell Gold Stars, probably. Hopefully I can keep my current blades (Coronation Comet) -- they are only 9 months old or so. I'm really psyched; I bought my current boots in June '03 and although they still have some life in them, I've never been happy with the fit on them, so some boots that really fit will be exciting!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home