Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Non-Lesson


I was supposed to have my lesson this morning on the 8:15 FS (moved due to testing this Thursday), but when I arrived at the rink I was told that Sonya had to leave because she broke her hand!

I called Sonya when I got to work, and she is okay. She's going to have to wear a brace/support for 4 weeks or so, but she sounded pretty chipper. I feel bad for her though, it's a painful injury I'm sure.

Anyway, since I was at the rink I skated and had a very nice skate -- again, only 2 skaters on the ice and it was really nice. I worked a lot of different things -- waltz jumps, salchow, half flip, BXOs, FXOs (esp. bad side cross and hold), waltz-8, and more.

An "I Told You So" award goes out to 3Turn for her comment recently that my FI edges might be weak. I played around with this a bit and discovered that my right foot (not just FI) is really pretty weak, far weaker than I realized. I really am going to have to start just spending more time skating on just the right foot -- like, all those times I'm just getting from one place to another and I tend to be on one foot, it's almost always the L foot. I need to make it the R foot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home