Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Progress?


I skated the 6 p.m. FS as usual tonight. It was a bit busy (I think I was the 16th skater) and I was a little tired and felt a little dorky at first, but I had a good skate.

I worked on edges a bit and noticed I'm actually having some success keeping the free foot (more) in front on the back edges! Wow! I have been working these for so long! The BI edges in particular are starting to have some actual zing to them, it's very cool.

Worked a bit on the bad side cross and hold, a little bit of progress there. Also LFI3 (a little), this is still freaking me out. FXOs and some other stuff and finished up with working the good side of the FI-FO 3-turn pattern. I got a little confused about how the weight shift is supposed to work; Sonya was there and had a little time between her last lesson and teaching power, so I asked her about it and she straightened me out. Coming off the LFO3 (for example), you push from the LBI to the RBI and you want to straighten the left leg and hold the weight shift to the top of the new lobe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home