Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Perseverance


I skated the 6 p.m. FS at Shiny Rink as usual. There were about 10 skaters, but many of them were relatively low-level so not as crowded as it might otherwise have been.

I worked on some of my problem areas -- RFO3, FXOs, BXOs, and the RFI3-LFO3 3-turn pattern. I spent some quality time working on the cross and hold on the CW FXOs. I tried some against the boards, and then out on the ice, where I promptly fell. I said to myself "There! Now that's over with, so get over it!" I'm still kind of scared on that side though and I'm going to have to keep forcing myself to work on them. BXOs... slowly making them better. And the 3-turn pattern... eep!

Still, all in all a good skate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home