Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One Of Those Days


Some days it just doesn't pay, it just doesn't.

I intended to skate the 6 p.m. FS at Shiny Rink. This is a short session (45 min) anyway, but due to horrible traffic it took me 50 min to get to the rink, so that I wound up with only 35 minutes to skate.

I felt horribly off for the first 10 minutes or so, after which I got some okay work in on half flip, 3s and FXOs. Toward the end of the session, though, I was skating down the length of the rink and made a poor course choice and had a near collision with a) a boy whose name I don't know (who was on lesson) and b) a skater named Ciara. I attempted to do a snowplow stop, slowed down some and fell over. Sheesh. Ciara graciously helped me up, but it was embarrassing. I really need to work on my hockey stop, as I should have been easily able to stop at that speed with a hockey stop; I was really going too fast to have stopped in time with a snowplow stop anyway. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home