Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Eeyore Skate


I have decided to call days like to day an "Eeyore Skate", because I feel all grumpy and unenthused, just like Eeyore.

Other than feeling unenthused, though, it wasn't really that bad a skate. I had one stupid fall, working on FXOs. Unfortunately skate buddy Amy had a nasty fall/collision that hurt her ankle, though not seriously. Still she was not happy. I gave her aspirin (sadly I was out of ibuprofen) so that helped.

I worked a lot on waltz-8, FXOs, 3s. My 3s.... I seem to have some real issues with them now. Not just that they stink, but that I'm really discouraged about them. I've been working on these things for years (years!) and they still stink. *sigh*

I worked on waltz jumps a bit, focusing on better prep. I got some really, really nice ones; I think the key was that I went into them slower. What seems to be happening, I think, is that when I go into them fast, my BO edge really curves too abruptly and I have to step forward before I'm really ready, so that the whole prep is rushed. When I go slower I can hold a better BO edge and I have time to do a nice prep. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home