Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Perseverance


I skated the afternoon public at Shiny Rink today. I got there late due to an earlier appointment, so only about 1 and 3/4 hours skating.

I worked on 3s, spin entrances, FXOS and BXOs. I spent some real quality time doing the 5-step mohawk on the circle, and especially worked on the LFI mohawk since it's weak. It's a bit better. I also spent some good time working on the weight shift in the back lobe of power-3s and I think I've pretty much got it now. Sonya wanted me to have more of a step, though (i.e. to have the feet close coming out of the 3 and then reach with the other foot while transferring the weight; getting a good *push* to the other foot) and I still need more work on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home