Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Intestinal Fortitude


Despite the fact that a) I didn't set an alarm, and b) I didn't fall asleep until at least 2:30 a.m., I woke up at 7:38 this morning. I took that to be a Sign, so I got up and got my butt in gear and got to the rink.

I'm glad I did. I had a good skate. Worked on a number of things -- did my 10 waltz jumps, worked a lot of 3s (inside and outside), worked on crossovers. The waltz jump -- I really need to look up during this jump. I was trying, while working from the entrance, to hold each position a bit. I have a lot of trouble holding the BO edge before the step forward, I'm always getting up on my toe. I probably should go back and work just holding that position on the RBO with knee bent and free foot extended (really, it's like landing position except I'm looking over the shoulder, and the free leg is straight back).

The 3s are improving slightly. In particular the RFO3 is a lot smoother lately. I'm still not at all happy with the FI3s. Anna was there so as we were leaving I asked her if we could look at them tomorrow during lesson. She agreed and reminded me we didn't get to "Sals and toes" on Thursday. I wasn't really aware we were actively prepping the toe loop, but I guess we are (or will be).

FXOs are coming along, I'm starting to get a little better extension. I just need to relax and really push onto the edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home