Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Club Skate Night


Tonight after the 5 p.m. freestyle session, the figure skating club (TFSC) had a club skate night. There was food (pizza & soda) and two hours worth of ice. It was a really fun time! For the first hour so it was just free skating, then there was a very spirited game of broomball for 15 or 20 minutes (sat that one out), then some more free skating, and finally an impromptu jumping contest with 4 "judges" including myself.

At the end of the evening I was quite tired, but in a very good mood. It was nice to see so many folks out -- I know probably half the kids in the club (or at least half of the ones that were there tonight); also my buddy Nicole was there, and some of the parents and club officers that I know.

During the freeskate some of the kids were doing impromptu synchro stuff, which led to Marge (who's a judge, among other things) organizing a pinwheel. I suspect we may see that back for the holiday show...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home