Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 13, 2003

On The Road to Recovery


Since I was off today for Columbus Day, I went skating at coffee club and then for a while afterward. All in all I skated for about 2.5 hours.

When I first got on the ice I was really stiff! I had not skated since last Wednesday, and I really felt it. It took me a good 20-30 minutes to feel comfortable. I mostly worked on easy stuff.

When it was time for the lesson, we worked a bit on forward crossovers (ta-da). I'm still having problems with them, and I was doing much better last week than I did today. We also worked a bit on backward skating, and Cecilia worked with me a bit and said I am almost there. We also worked briefly on stroking, and Cecilia suggested I try stroking on each foot equally, for a 6-count on each foot.

After the lesson I stayed and skated, but I didn't do anything particularly challenging. At one point I tried a 3-turn, and yow! that was not a good idea -- it really hurt. I know my shoulder is much, much better than it was last week but I guess it will take a little longer than I thought. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home