Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Saturday Zoo


I went to the afternoon public session today, after my yoga class. It was a zoo as usual, but it was nice because there were several people I knew there. I was feeling a bit aimless but I did work on my T-stop some, plus my right-foot-glide, my two-foot turn, and all the usual basics (stroking, forward & backward swizzles).

I finally got my nerve up to work on the forward crossovers a little, but I didn't do very much with it. For some reason I'm feeling a real mental block with this, or I just am not able to flex or get my weight placement right, or something. It's frustrating because when I look at the things I most need to get under my belt, it's the backward edges and the forward crossovers. Of those two, the crossovers are the only thing left that I have to accomplish in order to feel like I'm at least a competent "ordinary" skater. The back edges are of course foundational for all the stuff I hope to do in the future.

I'm hoping that we will turn to these in class next week. In talking to one of the the other skaters today I discovered that private lessons here may be quite a bit cheaper than I thought. I may be able to afford them more readily than I'd imagined. I will need to give this more thought, although when I would be able to schedule private lessons (and have good ice time for them) is another matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home