Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, September 20, 2003

Yoga Class


I had my first yoga class today. I decided to sign up for yoga because others had told me it would help me with flexibility, balance, core strength, and relaxation; all things that I need to improve in order to be a better skater. Based on my first class today I think it's going to be a very positive thing. I was really struck by just how many of the positions and stretches and so forth are either the exact same positions for various skating moves, or are very similar -- for example one of the Warrior positions is very similar to a check position. All in all it was a good workout and I think it's going to positively impact my skating once I'm further into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home