Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 08, 2003

Polar Ice


Once again I had to go to Phoenix for a work trip, and I was able to stop at Polar Ice in Chandler on the way home and catch the afternoon public session for a while before leaving for home. I got there around 2:30 and skated until about 4. It wasn't too crowded at all when I got there (6 or 7 people) but eventually there were 12 or 15 people (still not bad).

I'm still adjusting to my newly-sharpened skates so I didn't try anything too ambitious. I worked on my 1-foot glides a bit, and my LFO edge. I tried a few 2-foot turns but they are not going well right now so I didn't push it. I also worked a bit on my backward skating but I was not feeling up to trying a backward 1-foot glide; I don't quite know what my problem is. I keep having dreams about doing that backward 1-foot glide so hopefully these dreams will help me get my head in the right place. In my dream I've got a nicely bent knee and it feels... well, I know how it feels. I also worked a bit on my push-off; I'm still not getting any power and I'm not sure what is wrong. I'll have to ask. I suspect I am leaning forward too much (sort of 'lunging forward') at the outset.

Anyway, it was a nice skate but I was bit tired since I'd been up early and out the door at 7 for the 2-hour drive, so I was a little out of sorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home