Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

More Mohawks


For our lesson tonight we had the 3 of us, plus Desiree (who had missed the last two lessons) returned. We started out by learning a T-stop, which Glenn had taught me about a month ago. I'm pretty proficient at them, but my fellow student Ashley had a hard time getting her free foot into the right position. After a few minutes on that it was a little bit of forward stroking, then back to the mohawks again. I got some more individualized attention but I'm still not quite there yet. For some reason I'm really scared to work on them by myself -- I really need to get over that.

After class I stayed until 9:15 working on a number of things. I worked on my LFO 3-turn and it is getting respectable, at least as respectable as it can be for someone who can't hold a back edge yet. My two-foot turn is getting to be pretty good -- even young Tate said "that was a good turn!". I spent a good chunk of time still working on getting a good one-foot backward glide, with some amount of success. I got a couple of 3-4 second glides in and I'm starting to feel where my weight should be -- mostly for me it seems to get my weight further back, not all in my toe, and feeling my weight firmly on the ice. I think I'm getting a lot closer to having this.

Besides the backward 1-foot glide, I'm really hoping to get back to the forward crossovers next week. Glenn said he might not be teaching us next week due to a schedule conflict though, so we'll see how that goes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home