Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 11, 2003

Strength And Fitness


I've been thinking about my overall strength, fitness and flexibility. This was occasioned by a couple of things -- first, I work on the 6th floor of a building and I walked up the stairs today on my way back for lunch. While I wouldn't say I was out of breath, it was certainly more tiring that I would have thought. Second, I've been thinking about some of the things Glenn said to me, as well as my perceptions, that I need to be better at relaxing and to grow stronger. Third, I was playing around last week or the week before with seeing if I could do the "shoot-the-duck" position (just on dry land, not ice). Yow! That's hard! I need to be more flexible and stronger if I hope to do some of these things.

In order to work on these things I'm thinking about a some things I could do... one is to take the stairs up to work every time -- certainly doable. I am also thinking about going hiking/walking more often. Tucson is a great place for that, there are a zillion trails around. Another possibility is a yoga class I might take with a friend. If any readers have taken yoga I'd love to hear about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home