Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Eighth Lesson -- Testing


So tonight was my eighth lesson, testing for the end of Basic 1. There were just two of us tonight, myself and José (the adult freestyle student), so Jennifer took him and Rachel (who showed up to help) checked out my moves (so to speak!). I was able to demonstrate all the moves I was supposed to have, except for that darn backward wiggle. They let me slide on that since I can do the backward swizzle which is a) harder and b) what the wiggle was supposed to prepare me for. So I got my nice little Basic 1 certificate. Yea!

While I was there I got Jennifer to look at my skates and my left foot problem. After watching me glide and then looking at my boots she said that my left blade was slightly angled and needed to be moved very slightly clockwise (about a blade width). After my lesson I dropped my boots off to Joe at the pro shop to be drilled out, and I showed him what she'd said. I should be able to get them back tomorrow evening. It felt really weird to be leaving without my skates! Waaah!

Before my lesson I took a moment to sign up for the next semester of lessons. It's a nine-lesson semester since there are nine Wednesdays in July-August. $108. It's worth it. I will have to make up next Wednesday, though, since I will not be there due to my trip. It shouldn't be a problem.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home