Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Public Session Madness


I went to the evening public session at Gateway tonight. I hadn't been on a Tuesday before, but it was pretty much the same -- not too crowded, but the usual smattering of teenager girls giggling, hockey boys trying to impress them, and small kids. Almost no adults though.

I spent most of my time working on the same stuff I've been working on. My backward swizzles are in pretty good shape now. I'm still concerned about my snowplow stop being mostly my right foot. Actually, I'm having doubts about my left foot in general. I'm still hearing that crunching noise from my left foot on my glides and it is making me wonder. I'm going to try to get Jennifer to watch it while I glide tomorrow at my lesson and see what she can tell me.

Perhaps I was tired, or something, but I was not in much of a mood to experiment tonight. I only tried a one-foot glide once, and it was for about 3 seconds or so, still curving to the right (on my left foot). I probably should be braver and try it on my right foot. I also did try several times to do the backward wiggle and I still just can't get it. Oh well.

I talked with Joe in the pro shop, he says he will need my skates for a full day to drill out the other holes. I am going to leave my skates with him tomorrow after my lesson and pick them up Thursday afternoon/evening. Unfortunately that means I won't get much of a skate after my lesson tomorrow.

I am going on a trip to Dallas for a week, starting Saturday, and I'm going to bring my skates along. Hopefully I can get a lot of skating in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home