Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 07, 2003

Basic 2


I've been looking ahead to what I'll be learning in the next two months. Basic 2 consists of:

  • Forward 1-foot glides (R&L)
  • Backward 2-foot glide
  • Backward swizzles (6-8 in a row)
  • 2-foot turn from fwd to backward in place
  • Moving snowplow stop
  • Fwd alternating 1/2 swizzle pumps, in a straight line (slalom-like pattern)

I already have the backward swizzles down cold. The 1-foot glide is a sticking point, which is disturbing to me since skating on one foot is so basic to pretty much everything else. I'll have to work on it tonight and see how I do. I'm not clear how a "moving snowplow stop" differs from the snowplow I'm already doing. The swizzle pumps should be fun. Rachel showed me these at my testing lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home