Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, June 28, 2003

Permanent Mounting


I finally got my skates back this evening, with the blades now permanently mounted. It looks like they did a good job, and it appears they made the mounting corrections I asked for. I didn't get to skate on them (no time) so I guess I'll find out next week how they feel. Unfortunately that will be on foreign ice so it'll be a bit of adjustment either way and I won't know how much is the ice and how much the skates.

I was rather surprised to see that they used up all the holes. I was under the impression that the usual procedure is to use some of the holes and leave others unused so that when I get new blades they can get new holes for them. That isn't what they did, though, as they drilled holes and put screws in all the screwholes. I assume that that's okay, and in any case it's too late now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home