Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

PSS


Last week's PSS, and this week's, were missing skate buddy Mary. Hopefully she will be able to return soon, otherwise I might get lazy!

A good skate this morning. After 6:30 the rink really cleared out to just two of us, which was nice. Some quality time on LFI3, various moves, and half flip. I tried doing two half flips in a row; tried it a couple of times. It's a bit tricky to keep the second mohawk relatively straight but seems like something I should work on for the control it will bring me. I worked a lot on various big moves like power-3, APB 3-turn pattern and back Russian stroking. The common denominator is problems on the back lobe of them when I'm skating the LBI; for some reason I have a lot of problems committing my weight to that side and straightening the 'free' leg.

I also spent a lot of time working on the toe loop. I can sort of do it against the boards, but out on the ice it's a different matter. I'll have to get back with Sonya on this next lesson.

Finished up with some work on the back pivot -- nothing doing here. Bleah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home