Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Eeyore Skate


I skated the 7 a.m. FS this morning (I've decided to move to 7 a.m. from 6 a.m. since Mary's not joining me). Not too crowded (about 10 skaters), but by the middle of the session the ice was pretty beat up (there are 3 FS sessions from 5-8 and so by this last one it's a bit beat up).

Like the title says, an Eeyore skate. Bleah! I got my boots back and they moved the right blade in just a smidge. I didn't really notice much difference, but I just felt very off and uninspired and stiff. Yuck. Worked on waltz-8, half flip, waltz jumps, some work on edges and FXOs and a few spins.

I had my first fall in these boots. I'd like to be able to say I did it while doing something exciting, but the truth is that I hit a rut in the ice while going quite slowly, hit my toepick, and went down on hands and knees. Oh well! No harm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home