Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Waltz-8 And 3-Turn Pattern


Today's lesson was moved up from Thursday due to Sonya's schedule conflict. It was a good session, just 4 of us skaters. I only stayed for about 50 minutes since my skates hurt too much plus I had to be elsewhere.

Before the lesson proper, Sonya spent a little time looking at my blade alignment etc. Her verdict is that it's okay. If I really wanted to I could have them bring the R blade in a smidge, but it's probably not necessary. They feel fairly good but very painful still. My conclusion for now is that I'll try to get a few more hours in on them and see how they feel. I might need to get the R boot punched out a little bit just behind the pinky toe.

Today's lesson:
  • Waltz-8 -- worked on these since I can. Still having issues with the step forward and holding the RBO edge before that. Grrr.
  • APB 3-Turn Pattern -- Sonya really wanted to look at this, despite my reluctance. They actually weren't that bad. Sonya says the back lobe on the bad side is looking better (the weight shift/BXO). I still need a lot more control though!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home