Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Power & Grace


I picked up my new skates today. Wow, are they tight! I was IN PAIN! Seriously, I skated the 9:50 a.m. FS, and I had to relace 3 times and take a break 3 or 4 times. They really hurt! Still, I think it's getting better. They feel so weird though! Like my weight is really far back on the blade. I felt like I could barely skate! I didn't try anything more exciting than a 3-turn. Still, I was expecting it to be bad, and painful, and it was.

The pro shop here does something I'd never seen before -- they will burn (I think) something into the sole of your skates for you, words or whatever. For example, Amy has "Success" and "Desire". I thought about it for a while, from the humorous ("Help Me!" or "This End Down") to the mundane ("Gordon Zaft") before settling on something a bit more inspiring -- "Power" and "Grace". Thus, the pictures below.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home