Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Freestyle Zoo


I skated the 8:40 a.m. FS this morning... as the title suggests it was quite the zoo, about 20 skaters. Sheesh! I did get to meet another adult male skater, Dave. We were both taken aback to see another guy there :-). There were also two teenage guys skating (both of them quite good) so the percentage of males was unusually high :-).

Since it was so crowded I didn't feel up to working on most moves. I did work LFI3s obsessively, plus 3s in general, edges, some outside mohawks (hadn't worked those in a while) and half flip. Not too bad a skate but I have mixed feelings about the worthwhile-ness of this session.

The day went from bad to worse when I got in a fender-bender right after skating. No injuries, thank God, but my hood, grill, and left headlight were badly damaged. Still, the car is driveable so really I'm quite lucky. It's just very exasperating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home