Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Paradise


Wow, what a difference between yesterday and today! I skated the 8:15 FS this morning, and had a skater's paradise -- fresh ice and just me to skate on it! I took advantage of the good conditions and worked the APB FI3-FO3 pattern and back Russian stroking pretty extensively. After a few false starts I managed to do an entire side of each, more than once! They are pretty ragged though. Also worked FXOs, BXOs, waltz-8, half flips, edges, and finished up with some time on spins. Spins are slowly improving. My biggest challenges right now are getting the free leg in and keeping it there and getting more on the sweet spot. It's pretty hit-or-miss right now.

All in all, a great skate and I felt much better than yesterday. Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home