Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Back In Action


I finally had an opportunity to hit one of the new freestyle sessions today, 3:15 - 4:15. The first 5 or 10 minutes were incredibly scary! After that things improved and by the end of the session I felt reasonably okay about things. My stroking (of all things) seems a bit off. 3s and Mohawks are okay, did my 10 waltz jumps and they were pretty much okay. My spins were pretty off, though. The new ice is really much nicer than the old back ice was -- smooth and not as brittle.

I've been sick for several days so I wasn't surprised that I got tired easily, but it was still disturbing. I felt cold the whole time, which makes me wonder if I have lost my acclimatization. Oh well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home