Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Regionals


I was up in Phoenix (well, Scottsdale actually) on Saturday for the regional championship. I got there in time to watch the Juvenile final round and saw Katlynn McNab take first place! Way to go Katlynn! There was some tough competition in that group, let me tell you. Katlynn's skate wasn't perfect but clearly it was good enough.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the Tucson skaters competing; most of them were on Sunday. I did hear that Dimitri Makansi took 6th in Juv. Boys -- way to go Dima!!

Finally, I stayed late on Saturday to watch the Senior Ladies freeskate since I'd never seen one up close and personal. It was good to watch. Amber Corwin was there, along with Danielle Kahle and a bunch of ladies I'd never heard of. Corwin looked good in the warmup but had a very disappointing skate -- I felt bad for her. Kahle had a couple of falls but wow! What a great skater she is. I really enjoyed watching her.

I finally got home around 10, so a very very long day (left the house at 6 a.m.!). I was wiped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home