Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rink Update


I know folks have been waiting for an update on this... so here goes! I talked to our club president at Regionals on Saturday and she informed me that the owners of the rink have the back sheet up again, so we have ice time as of last Monday (10/10). Not a lot -- 2 hrs of FS a day -- but hey, that's infinitely more than we had! The FS sessions are for anyone, not just club members, but they'll have to sign a waiver and abide by the usual FS session rules.

Ironically I've not had any time to go! I did talk with Anna and schedule a lesson for Monday though. Unfortunately I will probably have to drop back to one lesson a week due to increased cost of ice time (no annual pass and no refund in sight as of yet). I need to balance my practice time appropriately; it's looking for the immediate future that I'll probably only have 2 or 3 hours of ice time per week, so 2 lessons looks a bit like overkill to me. I'm sad :-(.

It's not clear when the rink will be open for business for public sessions but I expect it will be soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home