Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tape Terror


For today's lesson, Anna videotaped me doing an Adult Pre-Bronze Moves test runthrough:
  • Stroking
  • Edges - FO, FI, BO, BI
  • FXOs
  • BXOs
  • Waltz-8
We skipped the new pattern since we've not gone over it yet.

For some reason I was extremely nervous -- even though I'd practiced most of it beforehand! Gaaah! So on that score it was a good experience, just to feel what it's like to go through it with my nerves running amok (and Anna said, "Just imagine how you'd feel for the test!").

After the FS session we spent a few minutes going over the tape.... ack! I was expecting not to be happy... and indeed, I'm not. Sheesh! NO extension (well, almost none), toepushing all over the place, looking down a lot... I guess seeing this stuff could either make you want to give up entirely or redouble your efforts. The good news is that it's primarily the latter reaction for me. So... I guess I'll be working on that stuff.

I'll try to find a way to make some excerpt or other available -- I expect it will be waaay too long to post the whole thing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home