Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Getting My Money's Worth


I didn't get to skate at lunchtime today due to an overly-long meeting... but I did take a moment to do some math.

My rink offers an annual pass that's good for all public sessions, including adult sessions ("coffee club") but not freestyle sessions (of course). The pass is $250. I'm pretty anal-retentive, so I tracked my usage. The first year I had mine, I skated 164 sessions, as well as using public ice briefly 15 times for warmup before a freestyle. Wow! That's a lot. At the current $5.50 per session, I saved $652 ($734.50 including warmup ice). Or, another way of putting it is that my public sessions averaged $1.52 each ($1.40 with warmup ice).

Good stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home