Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Perseverance


I skated the adult session today, about 70 minutes of skating. It was a bit foggy in the rink! I had a pretty good skate all in all. Did my 10 waltz jumps; on the last couple I reminded myself to look up on the step forward. Wow! What a difference! It really helps. I also worked on getting the "collect" corrected. I still don't think I'm doing all of that stuff quite right.

I spent a goodly amount of time on crossovers, both forward and back. I also spent some quality time on the Waltz-8 and it's getting a bit better. I did just a few alt-3 attempts and they are improving. My ironic revelation is that I'll probably have these solid about a month after the rule change (i.e. end of September) that makes it unnecessary for me to test them. Figures!

I spent some time on edges, too, and managed to work on the BO edges and holding that first position as Anna had me doing on Monday. I finally got it, and wow, they are soooo much better! It's great. I was so enthused I did a whole bunch of them.

I'd like to thank everyone who offered advice about my skating plateau. Y'all are great! I'm feeling a bit better about things now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home