Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Another Dorky Day


At last week's early morning lesson, I felt pretty loose and good. Today, I just felt dorky and off and wanted to be sleeping.

Today's lesson:
  • FXOs -- as usual we spent our weekly time on these. My first batch out of the gate were definitely improved from, say, two weeks ago. We're still working on eliminating the toepush on the underpush -- I suspect this will take a long time. I still need to remember the extend & flex, and Anna reminded me I still need better extension.
  • BXOs -- Just a couple of minutes on these. The CCW ones are still quite stinky, still need to keep the right hip pulled back and get better kneebend. They are really scratchy. The CW ones are not that bad.
  • Waltz jump -- we worked on having better timing into the jump, really holding the BO edge and the collect; also looking up and getting a better jump. Anna said I need to work at having the step-through a little earlier so that I lead with it a bit more.
  • Salchow prep -- back at this for the first time in a while. Anna worked with me to hold the exit of the LFO3 straighter, with a better check. I need to work these on my own.
For my next lesson (we are moving to Wednesdays lunchtime and Thursday a.m.) Anna wants to work more on the salchow, specifically the "rise and square."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home