Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Perseverance On Sharp Skates


I got my blades sharpened today. When I picked them up, in the usual post-sharpening checkout, the Sharpener mentioned that I have probably a year left on these blades at this rate. Eeep! I'd been thinking about getting new skates at some point, perhaps in a year. Now I'm wondering whether it would be best to plan on getting new skates then, or just to replace these blades. I got these skates in June of '03 and they are in pretty good shape, but I'm not happy with the way they fit. That, combined with the expectation that I will put more wear on them this year than I have in the past (more jumping, hopefully) makes me lean toward new skates. I'm thinking I should alert my family that for Christmas this year they can contribute to Gordon's new skate fund. Hmm.

With my newly-sharpened skates, I attended the adult session. Had a good workout, focusing mostly on crossovers, 3s, power 3s, and the 5-step Mohawk. Wow! Crossovers with these blades felt really nice and secure -- positively yummy! It was fun. I also worked back edges a little, trying to work on the stuff from yesterday. Some progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home