Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Summer Ice Schedule


[2nd try; Blogger ate my first attempt!]

No skating for me today, my car was in the shop. The other day the skating club sent out the rink's summer ice schedule:

The South Pole will be resurfaced beginning Monday, April 4. All skating will move to the North Pole for that week of April 4. When completed, all skating will move to the South Pole and the North Pole will be taken down. It will remain down for an extended period of time. Plan on all summer.

The freestyle schedule will be as follows for the month of April and May:

Monday - Friday 6:15-7:15am
7:15-8:15am
A 5:15-6:15 is possible with enough interest. Please speak to Anna if you are interested.

These afternoon sessions will be available through May.
Tuesday 4:40-5:40pm
Thursday 4:40-5:40pm

Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Saturday 6:15-7:15am
7:15-7:45am Power
7:55-8:45am

Sunday 7:20-8:20am
8:20-9:20am

Public Sessions:

April-May
Monday-Friday 1:30-4:30pm
Saturday 1:00-4:00pm
Sunday 1:00-4:00pm

June-?
Monday-Friday 3:40-5:40pm
Saturday and Sunday 1:00-4:00pm

So... pretty limited. It's sad to see the evening public sessions go away, esp. Wednesday and Thursday. I'm rather surprised Friday and Saturday are going away; I can only assume there's hockey then. This schedule doesn't include the MWF adult session from 12 - 1:20.

As I blogged before my lessons will be Monday and Thursday on the 7:15 a.m. freestyle. So between that and the adult session I'm skating M, W, Th, F. Add the Saturday zoo and hopefully an hour of FS on Sunday and I'm skating 6 days a week. If I can drag my butt out of bed to make the Tuesday 7:15 FS I'll have a clean sweep! I doubt it though, I hate getting up early. Anyway, it's not so bad for me. Unfortunately many people will be negatively affected by the new schedule. Worst off, I expect, will the the kids whose parents will not be able to work this into their schedule -- usually this would be the more beginning kids. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home