Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Figures


Today was my first time back on the ice since Saturday when I hurt my wrist. Wow, it seemed like a long, long time since I'd skated. I guess that's what happens when you are used to skating almost every day. I wore my wrist brace just in case.

Since I was just getting back I took it fairly easy, working on edges, 3s, Mohawks, stroking and some crossovers. I was able to do some nice FI3s, which made me feel better about things.

Toward the end of the session a few of the regulars pulled out a scribe and drew 3 figure circles and started working them. I'd never had an opportunity to try doing any kind of figures at all, so I worked on just skating one circle on an outside edge. It's harder than it looks! On an LFO I couldn't quite get all the way around the circle; on the RFO I only made it about 3/4 around. It's hard to get a good push for that! The actual following the circle part wasn't too hard, although I tended to get confused between the Moves patterns that I've worked so much and this stuff. All in all it was a lot of fun and definitely a good exercise. I can see how you could learn a lot by working this stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home